Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Garden song

Maiden voyage. So far the watering trough has been a great way to garden! I drilled holes in the bottom for drainage and dumped 3 bags of hazelnut shells in the bottom to keep it light and as filler. Then added a mix of potting soil, veggie mulch, and compost. So far it it thriving although it does tend to get dry fast. Next year we are adding small ones on either side for the toms.

In the beginning there was...room.

I over planted the zukes though -- they are taking over and I don't have the heart to tear them out. I have one little delicata (my absolute favorite squash) and I am babying it like no other! yum! I forgot how satisfying it is to grow your own food; I really missed it.



A promising start to the new season...

This is how it really ends up looking!! :)

A little heavenly sunburst from Ginger. Thanks Ma!

A tribute the coolest ginko leave lanterns ever -- that lasted roughly 48 hours in my garden. No, Scotchguard will NOT protect fabric from the rainiest spring EVER. Rest in peace.